Friday, September 26, 2008

Kimber

From the day she was brought into this world we have all known that Kimber was born with an old soul, wise beyond her years and full of wisdom to share with us all.  She is truly such an amazing child!  She never stops surprising me with how insightful she is, she always has such a unique outlooks on world around her.  This has been such a transitional year for her, she has gone from being somewhat unsure about herself, always feeling just a little different from everyone else, to embracing the little special person she is!  I am so proud of her, she makes me look at life through different eyes.  Through her I am able to see things in ways that are eye opening and inspiring.  I love that she has realized that even though some people think she is different, it is perfectly fine to just be herself.  I am nearly 30 years old and I still have troubles in that department.  She has really started to embrace who she is, and doesn't care who likes it or not.  She has made one really close friend at school, and they are just adorable together.  They were both kind of outcasts from kindergarden until this year (3rd grade), and now they just have such a special little friendship, and they feel comfort in each other.  The great part is that now lots of the kids who never really wanted to include them are starting to see what awesome, and cool little people they are and now want to get involved in what they are doing.  She is trying to start a band right now and is being quit picky about who the potential band mates  are going to be.  Her love for music is so neat to watch, it really makes an impact on who she is.  At just 8 years old she will go into her from pull out her journal, turn on her ipod and go into a world of her own for hours at a time.  Something I'm sure we all wish we could do ourselves every once in a while.  Kimber has been so strong throughout everything we are going through with my dad.  Her genuine concern for everyone and their feelings is amazing.  There have been times when she catches me in one of my breakdown moments of just bawling my eyes out, and she is so compassionate and comforting.  Her and I talk everyday about my mom and dad and what we are all experiencing emotionally.  She truly is a little rock, and I feel like when I was blessed with her God gave me a little angel of my own.



2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh my... I loved reading that. It is just so true. I barely even recognize Kimber these days. It is so amazing to see her dolled up... feeling confident... and almost to that age where she's not sure if you're cool enough for her. I can't believe she's that old and grown up :( Are we really getting that grown up ourselves? She is amazing and I'm so glad that she is being such a rock for you. :) I can just imagine the things she must have to say to you to cheer you up. :) What an amazing girl.

September 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger ENDub said...

What a sweet post. It is really something to think that we, as parents, were actually chosen for these little angels rather than them being chosen for us. I know I feel that way about Cade sometimes, and it makes me realize what a gift it is to be his mother. Kimber is an incredible little being, and I'm so happy that she's coming into her own, but most of all, that she has a mother who loves and truly appreciates her for who she is.

September 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home