Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our Jamaican Honeymoon









So I have totally been slacking on the Honeymoon blog. Reason being it was so amazing that I honestly did not know where to begin. Also we have so many pictures that everytime I sat down to do it I got caught up in my momories and trying to find a way to capture it through the story the pictures paint. Truth is that I will never be able to portray it the way I would like, but that is ok. It was a very special trip, where we were able to bond in new ways, be carefree dorks, experience a different culture and way of life, and appreciate each other and our sorroundings. Not only was it a vacation but also an awakening to how much of the world we are not aware of. You become enveloped in your little life and it is easy to forget how much more is out there, and how enriching it can be to discover different things. I really treasure that our honeymoon was a combination of the relaxation and closeness we had planned paired with the addition of inspiring, and mind opening experiences. We got to see sides of each other that neither had scene because we were both having feelings and learning new things in a place that was unchartered by both of us.

We spent much of our time having romantic dinners alone, and totally emercing ourselves in just being in the moment and enjoying one another. We laid on the beautiful beaches and listened to our ipods, read or just let our thoughts take us away. It is funny how comforting it is to know that even though your are listenining to a totally different song, or the story you are reading the other knows nothing about that you are still so close and connected. We literally took like 200 self timer pictures of ourselves regardless of what we had to do to get the camera propped up and angled right. It was so hot and muggy that if we didnt make the effort to take pictures directly after we had showered it was almost pointless because we ended up looking greasy and beat down within 2 minutes. Laughter was of no shortage either, weather it was at ourselves, people watching, sliding down water slides or even dancing. I feel extremely blessed to have married my best friend. Ten days of non stop togetherness and I still couldnt get enough of him. Sounds corny I know but its the truth and I pray to never take for grantid the gift we have been given by finding one another.

Oh yeah, beach vollyball baby! So lets just say the people at our resort were much more consumed with drinking and relaxing them getting a game of sweat your ass off beach vollyball going. Andre and I as much as we love to lay in the sun can only sit still for so long before we are searching out an activity or adventure. We got to know alot of the staff members while we were there because they were so friendly and interesting, so when we had no takers on the guests behalf we rounded up a team of our own. It was so fun we got as many staff (whether on the clock or not) and like one other person to get a game going. I can honestly say I do not think I have ever been that sweaty, sandy, and happy at the same time. It was a total blast and these pictures that some staff took only show the begining. Another day we played a mini tournament of guest against staff (this was once we got to know some other people who were really fun and recruited them). We beat the staff and they were literally furious! That made it even better, especially when we got to rub it in for the next couple days. I now have a new love for vollyball and wish I actually could play. I forgot how fun it was and how great the workout is.

One of our favorite days was on this Catameran cruise to the Dunns River falls. You ride out on this amazing boat where they are dumping rum punch down your throat and stop off at this waterfall that is absolutely stunning. At which point you climb the entire thing while being video taped. So funny, and rediculous! Yes we did by the video and it was well worth the laughs. You get to spend the day hiking and out on the ocean with great people and listening to what I would consider a handpicked selection of music. I really couldnt believe every song that came booming over the speakers was from our wedding, it was perfect. We danced with eachother and the people working on the boat. It was one of those magically days that you never want to end.








So much more I can't wait to share but I will have to say to be continued.......

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Awwww... I love that last picture of you two... amazing.

September 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

The colors are something that I have never experienced in person and I am pretty sure that it might just BLOW my mind if I ever do. What fun pictures! This post brought back so many memories of my own honeymoon that I haven't thought about in a while. Thanks for sharing:) K

September 17, 2009 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger ENDub said...

Ah, I've been waiting to see some pictures and read about your trip. I can't wait to see more in person and see the excitement on your face as you tell stories! I am thrilled that you two had such an amazing trip, that you'll remember for the rest of your lives.

September 20, 2009 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Hanukkah said...

What a great honeymoon! And you look great as always too. I'm also excited to see that you are blogging again :-) I haven't gone to your blog for months and then just came across it again (hope you don't mind my reading). It's nice to see you & get updated on you even just through your blog. Congrats on getting married to what sounds like a great guy!

September 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home